Who we are
Christ the King Church is people, not a structure, not a program, not a "religious organization." We gather together to proclaim the absolute Lordship of Jesus Christ over every power, authority, and dominion, and to offer Him our devotion and thanksgiving through the celebration of praise and worship. Our main purpose is introducing people to the fulfillment that only Jesus Christ offers and guiding them to an ongoing, ever growing relationship with Him. The people who call Christ the King their church home come from all varieties of backgrounds (religiously, culturally, geographically, racially and economically), but we have all found a common bond in our mutual relationship with Christ and His love that binds us together.
what We Believe
- The Bible is the inerrant Word of God.
- Personal belief in and acceptance of Christ's atoning sacrifice is the only means of salvation.
- Faith alone propitiates salvation and that grace is the only means of justification; past, present and future.
- Water baptism by immersion as an act of obedience and confession of His Lordship in our lives. Ac. 2:38.
- Holy Spirit baptism Ac. 2:4.
- The offering of audible worship, singing, praise, dancing, and playing of instruments, as an expression of our devotion and joy for all Christ has done for us. Ps. 150; 1 Cor. 14:15
- The present-day operation of the fivefold ministry of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers. Eph. 4:11.
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit actively operating in the Church. 1Cor. 12.
- Healing for the spirit, soul, and body through the atonement of Christ’s physical death and resurrection. Isa. 53; 1Pet. 2:24,25.
- The return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth. Ac. 1:11; Mt. 24:42-44.
- That Jesus Christ, the Son of God, born of the virgin Mary and crucified by Pontius Pilate, literally rose from the dead and that He is now seated in heavenly realms, exalted above all authorities, powers, and dominions, crowned as the KING of kings and the LORD of lords. Eph. 1:20-22; Rev. 19:16.
More depth and detail of what is believed and taught is available in print at Christ the King Church